For those who are struggling to lose weight, it may seem like a joke, but for some people, it is much harder to gain weight and gain weight than to lose weight. Usually who is really very thin has a more rapid metabolism, i.e.: everything you eat, ends up being burned rather quickly. Therefore, fattening can be considered a rather difficult task. In this article, I’ll explain each and everything and different tips to become fat.
Causes of Excessive Weakness:
The genetic factor is very important: there are people with a family propensity to have a small structure, thin bones, few muscles, and low-fat accumulation. But attention: this does not always happen by inheriting the genes, it is always necessary to investigate.
Before attempting to gain weight “on the go,” it is important to know if excessive leanness is not linked to any illness or medical condition. Thyroid Moods, Diabetes, and Eating Disorders: These are some of the problems that only your doctor can diagnose, and that should always be resolved as a priority. After all, in these cases, fattening would only be about attacking a consequence and not the cause
- Some common reasons why people may be underweight
- Inadequate feeding habits
- Extended meal time intervals
- Bad selection of food
- Energy deficit (a lot of physical activity compared to food intake)
- Malabsorption due to prolonged illness
- Diseases like tuberculosis
- Hormone imbalances (hyperthyroidism)
Do you Really Want To Become Fat?
As much as they dream of a wide hip and thick thighs, the truth is that skinny women should think twice before resorting to a high-calorie diet. At first, for health reasons, it is not interesting to make anyone fat. There is no problem associated with thinness per se (as long as no other medical conditions are present, as noted above).
If the person is lean and healthy, it really does not make sense to gain weight. Fattening can increase the rate of fat in the blood, triggering health problems. One should make the decision together with your doctor to see if it is worth it. For example, in cases of family history of diabetes, dyslipidemia, or cardiovascular disease, weight gain is not recommended.
What is the Ideal Diet to Gain Weight?
Being thin is not a free pass to eat as you please. “You can gain weight, but you can get undernourished,” Navarro said. After all, thin people can also have health problems. “It’s no use eating more food indiscriminately: lean people can also have high cholesterol levels. Have a diet that provides proper nutrients to promote healthy weight gain,” says nutritionist Karina Gallerani.
So avoid foods rich in refined sugar, simple carbohydrates that in excess can promote insulin resistance which in turn can become type 2 diabetes. Trans fats, present in some processed foods and fried foods, and saturated fat, found mainly in foods of animal origin such as red meat, should also be avoided, as they promote the increase of cholesterol, among other complications.
Some thermogenic foods may also have restricted consumption, such as caffeine, which is present in coffee and green tea, pepper and hibiscus tea. These foods accelerate caloric expenditure and promote weight loss.
What to Eat on the Diet to Gain Weight:
Invest in calorie foods, more nutritious. It is the case of extra virgin olive oil that is rich in good fats, monounsaturated, and thus helps regulate cholesterol, protects the heart and brain, and prevents diabetes, among other benefits.
Invest in oilseeds, like nuts and nuts, and in fish, as they are sources of good fats. Avocado is also good for being rich in monounsaturated fats and well caloric.
Try to add granola, among other cereals, enriched flour and even brown sugar in some foods. “Another tip is to include boiled egg yolk kneaded in beans, puree, soup, among others,” Navarro advises.
Balance the consumption of simple carbohydrates, such as white bread, common rice, among others, and complexes such as whole grain rice and bread. “This is because the fibers present in the integrals provide satiety,” explains nutritionist Catia Medeiros. However, they also improve intestinal transit, among other benefits and should not be excluded from the menu.
How Much to Eat to Gain Weight:
Just as in order to lose weight it is necessary to decrease the consumption of calories, to gain weight it is necessary to increase the caloric intake. It is important to seek the help of a neurologist doctor or a nutritionist in order to know how much more calories should be consumed for healthy weight gain.
“This will depend on the current weight, height, and level of physical activity. We calculate how much the person needs to eat to maintain the weight and from that, we estimate how much you need to eat more to gain weight. Remember to avoid empty calories such as soft drinks, fast-foods, processed foods and sweets that are low in vitamins and minerals.
Only the quantities change, the proportions of each macro-nutrient remain the same. Therefore, the meal consists of 50 to 55% carbohydrates, 15 to 20% proteins and 25 to 30% fat, with 7% saturated fats, 10% polyunsaturated fats and 13% monounsaturated fats.
How to Gain Weight With Health?
First of all, it is necessary for you to get fat with health, you should look for a specialist in the health area. The professional should tell you a diet where you are likely to need to eat more daily, and more caloric foods. It is important to remember that when it comes to gaining health, it is not appropriate to eat fried foods, sweets, and other “merely fattening” things (but not properly nourishing the body).
For those who want to gain weight without gaining a belly, the key is to increase muscle mass. To increase muscle mass one should practice exercises, such as bodybuilding, and have a diet rich in vegetables, fruits and proteins, such as meats and milk and derivatives, always avoiding industrialized products and ready for consumption.
Foods That May Help:
- Drinks: Take protein shakes (whey protein), juices or whole milk.
- Bread: Healthier bread like whole wheat, oat bran or whole rye are more nutritious as compared to white bread. You have to cut thick slices and generously spread peanut butter, jelly, honey, or cream cheese.
- Vegetables: Look for starchy vegetables such as potatoes, peas, grains, carrots, pumpkin, and beets
- Fruits: Choose dense fruits such as bananas, pears, apples, pineapple, and dried fruits.
- Soups: Choose healthy cream soups instead of broth-based soups. If you have problems with edema or high blood pressure, you may prefer to avoid soups purchased from stores that contain too much sodium.
- Oils: When you are cooking, add a generous amount of oil to your food. The healthiest oils are the unrefined; oils such as coconut, palm or butter. Less healthy but still acceptable sources of oil are those rich in omega-6, such as sunflower and peanut.
Adding More Protein:
A lack of protein in your diet can lead to loss of muscle mass, even if you are consuming too many calories. Here are some protein-rich foods to consider: egg white, peanut butter or peanut butter, peanut butter, beef, chicken, tuna, cheese, yogurt, and whey protein supplementation.
Bodybuilding will not only increase your body mass but will also stimulate your appetite. Consider these points before you begin:
- The gaining muscles will increase the speed of your metabolism, so you will need to consume even more calories to maintain or gain weight.
- During the first month of weight training, you can feel huge gains if you stick to your schedule. However, this stabilizes more after this initial period.
- Lift the most difficult weights for maximum muscle gain. For muscle augmentation, you should focus more on difficulty than the number of repetitions.
Supplements to Become Fat:
Care must be taken when eating supplements such as hypercaloric shakes. They can only be ingested after the advice of a nutritionist. The best way to gain weight is through dietary changes, however in certain situations supplements may be recommended.
“To prevent people who need to eat too many calories from developing the habit of eating large volumes of food, supplementation may be an option because it will offer greater energy density but less volume,” explains Medeiros.
Tips to Gain Weight Fast by Increasing Muscle Mass:
- Drink plenty of water. Hydration is very important for your body, especially when it is undergoing changes.
- Always try the most to eat healthily. Even for those who want to gain weight, it is important to take care of what you eat.
- Get a basic idea of the number of calories you eat each day, and about how many you burn in the workouts.
- Eat more protein foods, they help you redo your muscles.
- Decrease the interval between meals
- Consume healthy food
- Practice physical exercises four to five times a week
- Have a good period of sleep (between 7 and 8 hours of sleep)
- Increase protein intake
- Decrease stress level
Beware of The Fake Thin!
Often, even well-intentioned people will tell you to eat cakes and other sugar-rich desserts in order to help her gain weight. While normally this strategy works perfectly for some, for others it may just lead to visceral fat – creating the famous “fake lean”.
It is essentially a thin-skinned person (“thin on the outside”) but has fat accumulated in the wrong places, such as around vital organs (“fat on the inside”). In addition, foods with excessive sugar will deplete your body of any other nutrients it might be getting from other foods.